Thursday, December 12, 2013

a thought on procrastination

Why is it that every time I have a paper, I find literally everything to be more interesting than finishing it?  I become particularly industrious, but none of my new motivation pertains to the academic task at hand.  It's not that I don't find my schoolwork interesting - truthfully, I really like the subject material that I am studying and the assignments are actually relevant to my life.  But, I think the imposition of deadlines, the requirement that work be done in a specific way, and the pressure that I put on myself to submit work that is close to what I perceive to be perfection actually causes me to freeze up for a brief time, and oddly impede me from working as efficiently as I normally would.

I'm relieved to be finished with classes for the quarter.  7 quarters/21 months left.


1 comment:

  1. It really is amazing how many things you can accomplish when procastinating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...