Friday, May 10, 2013

mid-spring thoughts

I've said it before and I'll say it again...there's something very transitional about this time of year.  It has a certain je ne sais quoi about it - things are in motion and so much just seems to be happening all at once.  The spring always goes by so fast!

The last few weeks have been rather interesting for me.  The details don't necessarily matter for our purposes here, but all the changes in my life are making themselves more apparent.  I have been overwhelmed by how amazing the people in my life are!  But, I have also been disappointed by those who have turned out not to be what they seemed.

I try to turn around and not look back into my past if possible, but in a strange way, I find that the transitional period of this spring is throwing it back in my face.  The choices I made, the options I decided against, the things I had no control over, all seem to be rearing their motley heads into the foreground of my mind, almost as if they are begging me to examine possibilities of what could have been.

I'm not sure whether examining these possibilities is necessary or not.  Aside from things that happened which I had no control over, I feel that the choices we make at one point are made for a reason - usually because they were appropriate for that point in time, and perhaps what we thought was best for everyone.  I like to believe that we should live with no regrets.  But I can't help but wonder: is that really possible? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...