Friday, February 15, 2013

three days in

It is now 3 days into Lent and I have successfully gone the whole 3 days without buying any food or crap.  I did purchase bus tokens to go to my chiropractor appointment and to work.

I have managed to resist consuming the following things over the course of the past few days:
  • Lo mein (aka chow mein) from my favorite lunch cart ($3 saved)
  • Auntie Anne's pretzel stix+cheese sauce (~$4 saved)
  • Vending machine crap ($1 saved)
  • Starbucks passion iced tea ($3 saved)
  • Today's lunch (~$7 saved)
On Valentine's day, I went to Chipotle with friends (something that had been planned before I had made my mind up about doing this) but my friend didn't want me to break Lent and she helped me!

I have also been tempted with other things such as shopping at Marshall's but I have resisted.  I almost met disaster at lunch today when I realized that I forgot to prepare lunch to take to work with me, but I was saved by the emergency soup cans that I keep in my desk drawer.  Tonight, I had a nice homemade dinner of steak, green beans, and potatoes.


37 more days to go............

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you. And it always blows my mind that those damn pretzels cost so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...