It is now 3 days into Lent and I have successfully gone the whole 3 days without buying any food or crap. I did purchase bus tokens to go to my chiropractor appointment and to work.
I have managed to resist consuming the following things over the course of the past few days:
- Lo mein (aka chow mein) from my favorite lunch cart ($3 saved)
- Auntie Anne's pretzel stix+cheese sauce (~$4 saved)
- Vending machine crap ($1 saved)
- Starbucks passion iced tea ($3 saved)
- Today's lunch (~$7 saved)
I have also been tempted with other things such as shopping at Marshall's but I have resisted. I almost met disaster at lunch today when I realized that I forgot to prepare lunch to take to work with me, but I was saved by the emergency soup cans that I keep in my desk drawer. Tonight, I had a nice homemade dinner of steak, green beans, and potatoes.
37 more days to go............