Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'd Forgotten What Weekends Were Like

Last Friday, I had my last evening working at my second job selling cosmetics at a department store.  I still have my main job working in a lab, but I no longer have to go through the mess of commuting to the suburbs on Wednesday and Friday nights and working through my weekends entirely.

I'm terrified at the prospect of having income from only one job, especially considering that I've never worked at my main job without having a second job.  I have my doubts as to whether I can actually live on that salary alone.  However, I am also taking full-time classes in addition to work, so I also had my doubts about being able to get through another term where I worked two jobs and took a full course load.  So now I have the time to study, but the tradeoff is that I can't really afford to buy my exorbitantly priced books (...hmm.

This weekend is the first in many months that I have not had to work at all and it is the last in awhile that I'll be able to relax and not study too much before shit gets real in my classes.  I honestly had forgotten what people were supposed to do when they didn't have to go to a job on a weekend.

Don't worry though, I found ways to entertain myself.  Last night, I went to happy hour at 4:30p right after I finished work to celebrate a friend's new job that starts on Monday.  I ordered beer and wings and read a magazine until my friends joined me at about 5:15p.  Over the course of the evening I think I drank five beers (Lagunitas Brown Sugga, 9.9% ABV, good) and without a second thought about the time that I needed to be up the following morning.  I'll be honest, I started to feel buzzed after the first one.  After the second one, I was shitbombed.  I continued drinking more because the beer was cheap and didn't taste bad and I really felt that I might not be drunk enough.  On a dare, I chugged the last one "like a dude" (not my words). 

Today, I woke up at 11, my landlord came to check in on the house at 11:30, and I made some macaroni and cheese.  I chilled with my roommate, and tried (not too hard though) to function.  Everything was okay until suddenly, out of nowhere, I got a splitting headache.  I said, 'fuck this shit' and went to sleep on the couch for about 3 more hours.  I hope I'm not getting too old for this shit. 

I am happy to report that I have accomplished little more than eating and sleeping and we are now halfway through the weekend.  I love weekends.  I hope that I do not have to give them up again for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...